Family Support Work – Christmas 2020
As you can imagine, many families assisted by the Diocese’s Family Support Work have been struggling more than ever this year: requests for help have increased, whilst normal fund-raising is impossible.
In the past, Withyham and Blackham have been particularly generous: this has been so much appreciated.
If you are able to help to cheer up some needy families again this Christmas, there are two options:
- A PRESENT (for a 2-14 year-old, unwrapped, no soft toys please) which can be delivered to either Miriam and David Boobier’s home Withybank, Ghyll Road, Crowborough TN6 1ST or to The Rectory Withyham, TN7 4BA (or Miriam can collect gifts).
- A VOUCHER for a gift from ‘Top Shop’, ‘Next’, W. H. Smith etc; or CASH DONATION which can be delivered to the same addresses above.
Please could all gifts be delivered by Thursday 10th December to give time for distribution before Christmas. We can’t adopt the normal practice of gifts being brought to Withyham Church due to the current uncertainty as to when churches will be able to reopen.
Miriam Boobier James Campbell
01892 662780 01892 770069
The Outdoor Nativity
will be held at Buckhurst Park
on Saturday 19th December
- Please drive up the front of the house where you will be directed to ‘Bethlehem’.
- Please suitable warm clothing, wellies won’t be needed.
- You may need to bring a torch.
- Covid-compliant refreshments and drinks will be provided, to be consumed outside.
On 31st October the marriage took place at St. Michael & All Angels Church, Withyham of Anthony Richard Paul CARDEN and Elizabeth Anne PARISH.
On 6th November the funeral took place at St. Michael & All Angels Church, Withyham of Alan Francis RAE SMITH who died on 14th October 2020 aged 60.
On 8th November the funeral took place at All Saints Church, Blackham of Sylvia May BRADY who died on 13th October 2020 aged 100.
On 19th November the funeral took place at All Saints Church, Blackham of Beatrice (‘Beth’) Grace HAYWARD who died on 7th November aged 91.